Common Archival Heritage
Preservation, Accessibility, Digitisation
The first two days of the Convention (8 and 9 November) will take place in Skopje, and the last day of the Convention (10 November) is planned to be held in Ohrid, a town which is a part of UNESCO’s World Heritage.
As most of historical processes are not geographically or otherwise isolated, archives worldwide, whether national, regional, or even personal, have also a mission to keep and present documents concerning common history. Hence the intention of the 31st ICARUS Convention is to shed light to the importance of common archival heritage that should be
a base for a fruitful scientific and cultural cooperation as well as for the promotion of good neighbourly relations.
We expect participants to highlight the archival heritage of international/regional interest, its preservation, accessibility,
digitization, especially its presence at online archival platforms and development of digital research tools.
Moreover, the contributions will be related to the provenance and preservation of the archival heritage in the context of political, legal and ethical issues.
HOTELS & TRAVELLING
Click here to find information about hotel recommendations for Skopje & Ohrid.
LOCATIONS & PROGRAMME
The event is planned to be organized in the center of the town at the following locations:
- Museum of the Macedonian Struggle for Independence (“11 March”, No. 1, 1000 Skopje – www.mmb.org.mk)
- Porta Makedonija (“11 October”, No. 4, 1000 Skopje)
- Macedonian Academy of Sciences and Arts – MANU (Boulevard “Krste Misirkov”, No. 2, 1000 Skopje – http://manu.edu.mk/en/)
- The State Archives of the Republic of North Macedonia (“Kay Dimitar Vlahov”, No. 19, 1000 Skopje – https://arhiv.mk/en/) for departure to Ohrid
- Department from Ohrid in the evening “Nikola Karev”, No. 6, Ohrid
We are happy to announce that the programme of the convention has been finished.
Click here to see the programme and please pay special attention to the different venues as stated above and in the programme.
The registration is closed.